HOLLY HEADS TO LONDON TO JOIN TOP DRAMA SCHOOL

website

3rd September 2015

A Performing Arts student from Salford City College is heading to the top, after fulfilling her dream of securing a place at one of the UK’s leading drama schools. Eighteen-year-old Holly Slater from Urmston is now moving to London to study at Mountview Academy after completing her two-year course at Pendleton Sixth Form Centre, which is renowned for having one of the best performing arts departments in the country.

Describing the moment she found out she had got her place, Holly said: “The head of the course had left me a voice mail saying that they’d love to have me on the course. I phoned up my mum and we both cried with happiness! It was such a great feeling because you know all the hard work and effort was worth it.”

The former Loreto Grammar School pupil commented: “I chose to study at Pendleton Sixth Form Centre because its theatre department has such a great reputation for training individuals to a very high standard. The best thing about my time at college was getting to meet new people and having the opportunity to perform in the College’s Eccleston Theatre with so many talented actors.”

“I chose to study at Pendleton Sixth Form Centre because its theatre department has such a great reputation for training individuals to a very high standard.“

Holly’s no stranger to the stage; she was cast in a college production of The Hobbit in her first year, and has more recently played Anybody’s in a Stage Experience youth production of West Side Story at Manchester’s Palace Theatre.

“I loved playing the part because it was an opportunity to not play a typical female role and be involved in stage fighting,” commented Holly. “She’s a tomboy who wants to be part of the Jets but isn’t accepted by the boys because she’s a girl. I loved that I got to run about on stage a lot!”

Paul Williams, Performing Arts Curriculum Manager at Pendleton Sixth Form Centre, said: “We are extremely proud of the success of our students. It has been a record year for students gaining places at top London drama schools. Holly has gained her place a Mountview and we are absolutely delighted that she will continue to train amongst the most talented performers in the country – we wish her every success.”